I'm back! Sorry but having a new baby around the house has been too much! But now I can't take it anymore. These past five games have got all Devils fans as hot as the fires in hell. Yes you heard me right.
So what is going on, well here is my little take on the whole shit storm that has happened the past five games.
1) The Devils are getting run like a deer caught in the headlights of an 18-wheeler. Parise has gotten laid out the past few games, Marty is getting run and our defenseman are being pressured into turnovers and taken out by forwards who are told to run us through a brick wall. And what do our players do back, we hit like PUSSIES. YES, you heard me right fans, we hit like little bitches and that doesn't win come playoffs.
2) The Penalty Kill just blows. We are letting teams just set up and their are no pressure on the point men and we are allowing passes right through the center of our passive box. Again we are not going after the puck, they are so worried about positioning. Go force their players along the boards and at the points. Make them feel some fear from our penalty kill.
3) Take out Parise and there is no offense. Are Zubrus and Gionta dead? Cause they have done shit in February and March, Gionta has 7G-9A in 26 games (he had 41 points in first 49 games) and Zubrus has (wait listen to these pathetic 2nd line center numbers, here it comes) 3G-6A in 26 games. Hell Rolston and Shanahan are nowhere to be found either. Rolston has 6G-8A in 26 games and Shanahan, who has 3G in first 5 games, has 2G-6A in last 23 games.
4) Shots, Shots Shots! And I don't mean of Tequila. All teams are doing now are shooting from anywhere and watch side angle shots are low at Marty's pads where he can't control teh rebounds and the puck just lies there for people to clear. Get some fucking blocked shots.
5) 552. The chase took alot out of them and they were playing playoff hockey to get Marty to 552, so they hit a wall after it has happened. While at the same time other teams are just now playing playoff hockey cause they are desperate.
So what to do:
1) Put Shanahan with someone who can score and get him the puck.
2) Change the lines, except for the ZZ Pop line. Elias-Zubrus-Shanahan, Rolston-Madden-Gionta, Pandolfo-Holik-Clarkson.
3) Bring a forward up from Lowell. Halischuk, just some new blood. Scare some players and see what they can do for a game or two.
4) Hit everyone in sight. This next game run over Crosby and Malkin like they they road kill. Which defenseman will step up and be the Scott Stevens type, saying don't you come this way or you will leave on a stretcher.
5) Take less penalties and be more aggressive on the penalty kill.
6) Maybe have the refs give us some early power-plays. Oh, ya thats right we don't dive like that fags who play at MSG.
7) The next time anyone sees Avery on the ice, if he doesn't drop the gloves start pounding his face with their fists, we will see if he starts swinging then.
8) Control the puck and get back the aggressive forecheck. We are playing without the puck and sitting back. We need the puck more.
9) Get the breakout going.
10) lastly, get hunry and hurt the other team. Make them bleed and feel pain.
Sorry for all the mispellings, but I am too pissed off right now!